We undertake Home Buyer Reports, Structural Surveys and Building Surveys in Hook, Basingstoke, Tadley, Oakley, Winchester, Fleet, Farnham, Farnborough Reading and all of London.
We offer a friendly personal service, 7 days a week and evenings. We are able to turn around a survey within 48 hours if required.
If you’re buying a house or commercial property it is essential that you fully understand the condition of that property and the potential cost of any repairs or maintenance or if it is a new home that the builder is handing over a perfectly finished home.
We understand that property is always a huge financial investment with risk attached and we aim to provide you with the peace of mind that you are making an informed decision.
Chandler Shipton provide a complete range of surveys and we will ensure that you always have the opportunity to speak to a surveyor to discuss your specific requirements and budget in full before committing to a survey.
The surveys that we offer are as follows:
Home Buyers Report (Survey Only) HBRS
This survey is most suitable for conventional properties which are in reasonable condition.
The survey focuses on the condition of the property by setting out the following:
• clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention
• a summary of the risks to the condition of the building; and other matters including guarantees, planning and building control issues for your legal advisers.
The report also includes advice on defects that may affect the property with repairs, and ongoing maintenance advice.
The Home Buyers report is also available with property valuation known as a HBRSV.
Only licensed RICS Valuers should undertake HBRSVs. Chandler Shipton are licensed valuers so are able to offer this service.
Building or full structural survey
You should choose an RICS Building Survey if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works.
It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
- a thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues
- a description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- an outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity and
- advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
An RICS Building Survey does not include a valuation of the value of the property.
We offer estimated costs of repairs if required.
For further information please contact us.