New-build snagging survey
So you’ve just bought a brand new home, a lovely property that has just been built. What could possibly be wrong with it?
Unfortunately many people find when they move in ‘a lot’.
In our experience the average ‘new-build’ property will typically have between 50 and 150 defects within it, which could amount to thousands of pounds to rectify in many cases.
Defects range from simple items, such as paint finishes being poor quality, to more serious issues, such as faulty plumbing, poorly fitted windows and structural cracking (to name but a few).
What we do to protect your interests
Our trained RICS surveyors complete their independent snagging reports in 3 important stages:
- We go into your property and produce a formal snagging list which itemises all the visible defects within the property.
- We state next to each defect what action needs to be undertaken to rectify the defect.
- We value the cost of the work for independent tradesman to come and rectify the defects.
The above is then put together into one formal report which you can had to your builder to encourage them to rectify the works themselves. If they fail to do this you can use the report as evidence if you take the builder to court.
We work to NHBC (National House-Building Council) standards.
We only work for home owners and not the builder / developers and are here to ensure that you get the quality property that you have worked hard to pay for.
To undertake the above report below is the price list based on the size of the property to be surveyed.
- 1 Bed Apartment – £299.00 + VAT
- 2 Bed Apartment – £349.00 + VAT
- 3 Bed Apartment – £399.00 + VAT
- 2 Bed Hous – £399.00 + VAT
- 3 Bed House – £449.00 + VAT
- 4 Bed House – £499.00 + VAT
- 5 Bed House – £549.0 + VAT